What is The Melbourne Cheapskate?
We are an online directory that brings together Melbourne’s best valued food, booze and adventure. We’re here to help you spend less, and discover more. You can read more about our story here.
Wait, aren’t there other websites that tell me about cheap food and drinks?
There are. But here is why The Melbourne Cheapskate should be your new favourite.
- We only list venues that we love. That means that if a venue is on here, you know it’s worth your time.
- Our awesome search function allows you to find exactly what you want, when you want it.
- We stay current. Every day we’re on the look out for the next big thing.
- No banner ads. Never ever. We also hate those pesky pop-ups.
Can you please visit our venue?
If you think you have a kick-ass venue (with killer deals) then you can suggest it here.
If we think you’ll look good on our site then we may just pay you a visit.
We want you to come to our media night!
Oh shucks! We’d love to! Get in touch with us and we’ll check our calendar.
I want to work for you! What do I do?
We’re always looking for people who can add to the culture of The Melbourne Cheapskate. If you’re a writer or a photographer then send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’re neither of those things, then let us know why we need you.
How does The Melbourne Cheapskate make money?
We make revenue by featuring venues that we love.
A basic listing on The Melbourne Cheapskate is completely free, however we work closely with a select few venues that we believe are deserving of some extra attention. These venues pay us money and in return, we help people fall in love with them.
Venues we are currently working with can be found beneath the ‘Featured’ headers.
Can we send you things?
Yes! We love things. Send them to PO Box 2029, Hotham Hill, 3051.
What other Melbourne food and drink websites do you recommend?
There’s a lot of them, but here are a few of our favourites:
- Little Miss Melbourne | Stories about one girl in our beautiful city.
- Bar/d Up | A cinematic exploration of Melbourne’s finest venues.
- Parmadaze | Searching for Melbourne’s best parma. 500 down and counting.
- Burgers of Melbourne | Searching for Melbourne’s best burgers (and finding them.)
- The World Loves Melbourne | A site celebrating all things Melbourne.
- Downundr | An extremely informative guide for backpackers travelling around Australia.
- Chug | For more cheap eats and happy hours (launching soon)